Canada recognizes that employers play a critical role in economic success. For many employers, newcomers to Canada are a valuable source of skilled workers and professionals. The Provincial Nominee Investor Visas have been created to assist multinational firms establishing or expanding their businesses in Canada and wanting to bring key executives, managers or employees to work in their operations.
This program seeks to foster a significant investment in Canada, which will lead to job creation and economic development. These visas favor employer applicants who make a qualifying investment, and create permanent full-time positions. These visas allow applicants the opportunity to immigrate and settle themselves and their families in the prosperous Canadian provinces of Ontario or Saskatchewan.
Provincial Nominee Investor Visa Basic Requirements
The Ontario Provincial Nominee Program – Multinational Investor stream is intended for companies that will make a significant investment in Ontario, which will lead to job creation and economic development. To be eligible, a company must:
- Make a qualifying investment in Ontario of $3 million or more;
- Create at least 5 net permanent full-time jobs;
- Must specify the nominee positions being requested, the roles and responsibilities of each position and the qualifications and experience required for each position.
- Make a qualifying investment in Saskatchewan of $10 million or more;
- Satisfy the requirements of legally obtained net worth, business experience and intent to reside and actively invest.
Provincial Nominee Investor Visa Entitlements
Once a Provincial Nominee Investor becomes a landed immigrant, he is free to settle in Canada and work, pursue further studies or invest in a business. Applicants will have access to Canada’s first rate communication facilities, a highly trained workforce, special taxation incentives for business investment, close geographical access to the wider North American market. Other benefits of holding permanent residence include access to government-subsidized health care, subsidized education and the ability to apply for citizenship once eligible.
To see a full listing of our fees and services, Provincial Nominee Investor Visa processing times and application costs - please visit our FAQ page.